Road closures and traffic management for Longford St Patrick's Day parade
As St Patrick's Day approaches Road closures and parking suspensions are set to be implemented in Longford town.
The parade will begin at 1pm at Church Street, proceeding down Main Street, Dublin Street, New Street, Ballymahon Street, turning left onto Killashee Street, Harbour Row and concludes at Aldi at approximately 2.30pm.
These roads will be closed to facilitate the Parade and will include the junctions of:
* Battery Road and Abbeycartron
* Battery Road and Tennis Court Lane
* Church Street and Fee Court
* Main Street and Little Water Street
* Main Street and Great Water Street
* Main Street and Richmond Street
* Dublin Street and Centenary Square
* Cathedral Junction
* New Street and Convent Road
* New Street and Earl Street
* Ballymahon Street and Market Square
* Ballymahon Street and Killashee Street
All through traffic is requested to use the N4 & N5 Longford Town By-passes.
Traffic management and signed diversions will be in place in for local traffic.
In addition, this year, there will be no parking on Dublin Street from 6am until 3.30pm on St Patrick’s Day.
The restrictions are necessary to accommodate the large crowds expected to participate in and attend the St Patrick's Day parade.