Lisa Daly, Jessica Monks, Jida Egan at the SPIN Xmas market. PICTURE Shelley Corcoran
The chairperson of SPIN Longford, Lisa Daly also plays a pivotal role in the organisation of many fundraising events around the town.
1. What's your idea of a perfect day or perfect weekend in Longford?
My ideal day would involve spending a summer's day down in the mall with a picnic and the kids playing away.
2. Who has made the greatest contribution to Longford in your lifetime - and why?
That has to be Peter Kelly without a doubt. He was a legend in his own right and he is still missed by all.
3. What's your first Longford memory?
That would be moving back to Longford in August 1998 and thinking how friendly and welcoming everyone was.
4. What's your favourite part of the county - and why?
That would be Ballinalee. I just love going out to visit my husband's family there. It really is a lovely village.
5. Do you have a favourite local writer or author (or artist or musician)?
I have to say I have many favourites, but the ones I hold the most respect for are all of the musicians that volunteer to play on the market square. This includes talents such as David Kiernan, Sugar and Spice, Denise Flood, DJ Duggy, Conor McLoughlin, Purify, Revival and all of the other local musicians. They are always there even in rain or snow.
6. What about a local walk - or view?
I love going to the Ardagh Heritage Center. It is a lovely picture of a village and Clondra as well. We have hours of fun out there with the kids.
7. What do you think gives Longford its unique identity?
That would be the people. No matter what we organise in the area, the people of Longford always seem to support it.
8. What do you think is the biggest challenge facing Longford today?
That has to be the economy. There is not enough money being put back into Longford. Thankfully, local councillors are trying to help in that area. Hopefully with the new Center Parcs opening, that might help change things.
9. If you had the power to change one thing in, or about Longford, what would it be?
If I could change one thing, I would make all of the community groups, politicians, garda and council members come together to tackle all of the issues facing Longford that concerns the people of Longford.
If we all work together Longford can be just like it use to be.