In this week’s Longford Leader we have details of a garda raid on a house in Edgeworthstown a sophisticated cannibis growing operation was discovered, and €10,000 worth of cannabis was seized.
On the good news front, 30 new jobs have been announced for Longford as part of a home health care provider expansion. The jobs will come on stream in the next six months.
Among the many stories inside the newspaper, we also have:
- Positive news on the Carrick-on-Shannon assault vicitim
- Details of Dromard’s new enhancement plan, which was unveiled recently.
- News from the various parades happening across the county on St. Patrick’s weekend
- A lifelong GAA fan’s view on the current team
- The latest on this year’s Longford Rose competition
- A businesswoman talks about a recent break-in
- Dublin Association announce their People of the Year
- Photographs from the recent Co Scór finals, Lough Rynn Celebrity Chef and Killoe Minor club awards
- Longford Garda commended for work on a cold case in Nenagh
- Planning application lodged for works on St. Mel’s Cathedral
- Current situation regarding hurling in County Longford
As well as that, we have all the sports action - Longford’s win over Roscommon, Longford ladies win against Offaly, Cnoc Mhuire and Moyne CS in schools action, Thomas Colohan’s tips for Cheltenham, Longford Town off to a winning start in the league and all the schoolboy and underage soccer reports.
All that, and more, in this week’s Longford Leader, which is available from your local shop on Wednesday morning, March 7.
You can also subscribe to the Longford Leader E-Paper and access the newspaper in full on your PC or Mac by going to the following web address: www.longfordleader.ie/epaper
Subscribe or register today to discover more from DonegalLive.ie
Buy the e-paper of the Donegal Democrat, Donegal People's Press, Donegal Post and Inish Times here for instant access to Donegal's premier news titles.
Keep up with the latest news from Donegal with our daily newsletter featuring the most important stories of the day delivered to your inbox every evening at 5pm.