5 ways you can help a friend or family member going through grief during Covid-19
The Irish Hospice Foundation has suggested some simple things we can do to help our friends or fellow loved ones through a bereavement during the Covid-19 restrictions.
- To help a grieving friend, think about how you might send your condolences – write a card, complete an online condolence such as on RIP.ie, send a text or telephone. You might share photos or drop food and little gifts at a person’s door to offer comfort.
- Reach out, make yourself available not just in the short term but in the weeks and months to come.
- Ask your friend how they are doing, ask what might help, listen carefully.
- Offer practical help, for example with meals, shopping etc.
- Offer to help with technology, for example with setting up video calls, WhatsApp or other ways of keeping in touch
Subscribe or register today to discover more from DonegalLive.ie
Buy the e-paper of the Donegal Democrat, Donegal People's Press, Donegal Post and Inish Times here for instant access to Donegal's premier news titles.
Keep up with the latest news from Donegal with our daily newsletter featuring the most important stories of the day delivered to your inbox every evening at 5pm.