Pictured at the launch of Agricultural Consultants Association initiative to improve dairy equipment. From left, Tom Canning, Vice President of ACA and Owen O'Driscoll, National President of the ACA.
The recent dry spell, warm temperatures and increased milk supplies highlights inadequate milk storage facilities on many dairy farms.
“Milk quality, and farmers' incomes have been affected in recent weeks,” according to Owen O’Driscoll, President of the Agricultural Consultants Association.
According to Mr O’Driscoll, farmers have an opportunity to upgrade their bulk milk tanks under the Dairy Equipment Scheme.
“ACA have an excellent network of locally based, experienced Agricultural Consultants available to guide farmers through the application process and ensure they receive the maximum possible support from the scheme.”
ACA have launched an initiative in recent weeks to ensure the application process is stress free for dairy farmers. This unique service offers Farmers:
* Centralised booking service
* Efficient processing of applications
* Accurate advice
* Services of experienced professional consultants
* Competitive fees to complete applications
Mr O’Driscoll highlighted the additional benefits of the scheme:
* 40% of the cost of milk tank provided
* 60% support in the case of Young Qualified Farmers
* Local co-ops have finance schemes in place to fund investment in equipment
* VAT is fully redeemable
* Attractive trade in allowances in addition to TAMS grants
* Applicants have 12 months to purchase equipment from approval date
However, Mr O’Driscoll warned farmers must act quickly in applying for the scheme. The closing date for the current tranche of the scheme is the 7th if September. He stressed that the expected demand for the scheme may contribute to delays in delivery of much needed equipment.
To book your consultation call 087-3575198 today.
Subscribe or register today to discover more from DonegalLive.ie
Buy the e-paper of the Donegal Democrat, Donegal People's Press, Donegal Post and Inish Times here for instant access to Donegal's premier news titles.
Keep up with the latest news from Donegal with our daily newsletter featuring the most important stories of the day delivered to your inbox every evening at 5pm.