FAI confirm dates for matches and full contact training
The Football Association of Ireland has today launched their 'Safer Return to Play Protocol' for all clubs which gives the go ahead for Adult Amateur, underage National Leagues and Underage football permitted to return to full-contact training, including training games between teams from the same club, from June 29.
Clubs are authorised to make a full return to playing friendly games from July 11 and competitive matches from July 18.
The FAI has also issued a second edition of the Safer Return to Training Protocol that will apply to all clubs under its jurisdiction from June 29. Clubs and teams in the SSE Airtricity League and Women’s National League clubs will receive a separate Protocol. Match Officials are included in the Safer Return to Play Protocol and, in addition, will receive their own Protocol guidelines.
The FAI’s Steering Group, in consultation with Medical Director Dr. Alan Byrne, has published these Protocols at www.fai.ie
Under the new Safer Return to Play Protocol, the FAI has approved the following measures:
• Adult Amateur and Underage football can return to full contact training, including training games between teams from the same club, from June 29th
• Adult Amateur and Underage football can return to playing friendly games from July 11
• Adult Amateur and Underage football can return to playing competitive matches from July 18
• All Adult Amateur and Underage Leagues operating a Winter season, who have had applications to extend their 2019-2020 season approved, can resume League fixtures from July 18th and must have all competitions completed by September 14
• All other Adult Amateur and Underage Leagues operating a Winter Season can commence their 2020/21 season from July 18th
• All Adult Amateur and Underage Leagues operating a Summer Season can resume/commence from July 18 and must have all competitions completed by November 30
Subscribe or register today to discover more from DonegalLive.ie
Buy the e-paper of the Donegal Democrat, Donegal People's Press, Donegal Post and Inish Times here for instant access to Donegal's premier news titles.
Keep up with the latest news from Donegal with our daily newsletter featuring the most important stories of the day delivered to your inbox every evening at 5pm.