The Kia Niro, which made its European debut at the 2016 Geneva International Motor Show, arrives in Ireland this month.
Niro is a new low-emissions hybrid crossover, marking the development of Kia’s first dedicated eco-car platform.
The Kia Niro offers the practicality and curbside appeal of a spacious crossover, together with the high fuel efficiency of an advanced hybrid powertrain.
Engineered from the ground up as a dedicated hybrid vehicle, its attractive, modern design will help the car stand out among conservatively-styled hybrid rivals.
The Niro’s new platform has been engineered in isolation from existing Kia models, and is designed to accommodate a specific set of environmentally-conscious technologies and next-generation powertrains.
The Niro’s hybrid powertrain – made up of a 1.6-litre GDI (gasoline direct injection) engine, lithium-ion polymer battery pack, 32 kW electric motor and six-speed double-clutch transmission – emits just 88 g/km CO2 (combined), and is capable of using just 3.8 litres of gasoline for every 100 km of driving.
Standard equipment on the Irish EXL model includes:
- Sat Nav with Android Auto
- Full Leather Heated with heated front seats
- Heated steering wheel
- Dual Aircon with Rain Sensor
- Lane Keep Assist
- LED front and rear lights
- Privacy Glass
- Prices Start at €32,200 (€30,700 inc VRT reduction)
- Dedicated hybrid powertrain specifically developed for new model
- CO2 emissions as low as 88 g/km and 3.8 litres per 100 km
- Predictive driving assistance maximises efficiency in all driving conditions available at a later stage
- Lightweight, high-strength steel and aluminium body for maximum safety and low NVH
- Available with advanced DRiVE WISE driver assistance technologies
- Infotainment options to include Kia Connected Services, Android Auto™ and Apple CarPlay™