A Longford man has pleaded not guilty to allegedly interfering with a car outside an apartment block in the county town earlier this year
A Longford man has pleaded not guilty to allegedly interfering with a car outside an apartment block in the county town earlier this year.
The court was informed Mr Keane was in custody for “other matters”.
Sgt Mark Mahon, for the prosecution, said it was the State's case Mr Keane allegedly interfered with a car outside the Sandy Lane apartments at around 7:30am on June 29, 2021.
During the opening of the case last week, defence solicitor John Quinn attempted to ascertain from Mr Keane whether he intended pleading guilty to the alleged incident.
When it became unclear as to what course Mr Keane intended taking, Judge Bernadette Owens intervened.
“I think you need to have a consultation with the defendant,” she said, while deciding to rise from her seat for a short period.
When the case returned five minutes later, Mr Quinn revealed his client would be contesting the charge levelled against him.
The court was told Mr Keane's expected release date from custody was April 16 next.
On that basis, Judge Owens adjourned the case until a sitting of Longford District Court on March 28, 2022.
Subscribe or register today to discover more from DonegalLive.ie
Buy the e-paper of the Donegal Democrat, Donegal People's Press, Donegal Post and Inish Times here for instant access to Donegal's premier news titles.
Keep up with the latest news from Donegal with our daily newsletter featuring the most important stories of the day delivered to your inbox every evening at 5pm.