Gardaí warn over thieves following people after they leave the bank
Gardaí have issued a warning over bank 'jugging' for those handling cash over Christmas.
Although many personal commercial transactions now take place with cards or electronically, over the Christmas period, people may be in possession of larger amounts of cash in their homes.
These men are currently remanded in custody. During the course of that Garda operation, the contents of a number of bank accounts were frozen and €110,000 in cash was recovered.
Gardaí have issued advice and said if you are carrying out cash banking transactions please take the following general advice:
• Be aware of your surroundings, especially if something seems strange as you enter the bank.
• Conceal your bank deposit bags, coin boxes or envelopes as you enter and leave the bank.
• Take your bank bag or envelope with you into your next destination. Don’t hide it in your vehicle.
• Always vary your routes and times for cash drops and collections.
• Consider using electronic funds transfer rather than depositing or withdrawing cash.
• If you feel like you are being followed, call 999 and drive to a Garda station.
Subscribe or register today to discover more from DonegalLive.ie