Search

29 Jun 2022

Fire warning about leaving mirrors in direct sunlight

mirror fire

FILE PHOTO

Fire fighters have urged householders to keep vanity mirrors, crystals and glasses out of direct sunlight as they are a fire hazard. 

Aerosol cans could also be a risk and may explode if exposed to intense sun or heat.   

Dublin Fire Brigade (DFB) posted a photo on its Twitter account of scorch marks on the frame of a window caused by direct sunlight. 

Fire officers said it was a lucky escape by the householder who noticed a smell of burning. 

A DFB spokesperson said: "Remember that the sun moves through the sky over the course of the day.

"A near miss here. See how the scorch mark continues in a line as the sun moved.

"A smell of burning alerted the owner to a problem."

To continue reading this article for FREE,
please kindly register and/or log in.


Registration is absolutely 100% FREE and will help us personalise your experience on our sites. You can also sign up to our carefully curated newsletter(s) to keep up to date with your latest local news!

Register / Login

Buy the e-paper of the Donegal Democrat, Donegal People's Press, Donegal Post and Inish Times here for instant access to Donegal's premier news titles.

Keep up with the latest news from Donegal with our daily newsletter featuring the most important stories of the day delivered to your inbox every evening at 5pm.