Judge Seamus Hughes says he wants to hear from the victims of two alleged assaults in Ballymahon last year.
A court is to hear from the alleged victims of an assault carried out in Ballymahon almost a year ago.
Judge Seamus Hughes told last week’s sitting of Longford District Court he wants to hear from two men who were allegedly assaulted by Gavin Gallagher, Greenhill, Dunfanaghy, Donegal on April 15 2018.
Both incidents allegedly took place on the south Longford town’s Main Street, resulting in two separate Section 3 Non-Fatal Offences Against the Person Act 1997 being handed down.
A further Section 4 Public Order charge relating to being intoxicated in a public place was also issued.
The 24-year-old, who was represented by local solicitor Frank Gearty, did not speak and stood silently as a brief overview of the case was brought before the court.
No indication of a plea was uttered with Mr Gearty seeking the court’s approval for a brief adjournment.
“The disclosure of CCTV has been frustrated by difficulties with its downloading,” said Mr Gearty, adding his attempts to view the CCTV on his own terms had all but been exhausted.
Judge Seamus Hughes adjourned the case to March 12 next to hear from both victims and also to consider jurisdiction in the matter.
Subscribe or register today to discover more from DonegalLive.ie
Buy the e-paper of the Donegal Democrat, Donegal People's Press, Donegal Post and Inish Times here for instant access to Donegal's premier news titles.
Keep up with the latest news from Donegal with our daily newsletter featuring the most important stories of the day delivered to your inbox every evening at 5pm.