1. €233 million - estimated total cost
2. 395 acres - size of Center Parcs Longford Forest holiday village site in Newcastle Wood, Ballymahon
3. 3,000 - Number of pages in Center Parcs Longford Forest initial planning application to Longford County Council last October
4. 750 jobs - created during construction phase
5. 1,000 jobs - when operational
6. 2019 - date expected to open to guests
7. €400,000 - pre-opening training for employees with a further €140,000 per year from 2019
8. 2,500 guests - holiday village capacity
9. 250,000 - projected number of visitors annually, or a five-fold increase on Longford’s current tourism numbers
10. €32 million - Center Parcs Longford Forest will add to Irish GDP per annum
11. €1 billion - Center Parcs Longford Forest will add to Irish GDP over the next 20 years
12. 470 lodges and 30 apartments - accommodation at Center Parcs Longford Forest
13. 10% - total area being built on; vast majority of Newcastle Wood woodland will remain untouched
14. Six - Longford Forest is Center Parcs UK’s 6th short break destination, the first in Ireland - the five others are Whinfell Forest, Cumbria; Sherwood Forest, Nottinghamshire; Elveden Forest, Suffolk; Woburn Forest, Bedfordshire and Longleat Forest, Wiltshire.
15. £2.4 billion - the price Brookfield Property Partners (Toronto) paid to acquire Center Parcs from its private-equity owners, Blackstone in June 2015
Subscribe or register today to discover more from DonegalLive.ie
Buy the e-paper of the Donegal Democrat, Donegal People's Press, Donegal Post and Inish Times here for instant access to Donegal's premier news titles.
Keep up with the latest news from Donegal with our daily newsletter featuring the most important stories of the day delivered to your inbox every evening at 5pm.