Local Fianna Fáil TD Robert Troy has said that he is extremely confident the Center Parcs project proposed for Newcastle Woods will be given the go-ahead over the coming months.
Deputy Troy, who accompanied the Management of Centre Parcs on an information day at their premises in Bedfordshire last year, stated: “this project is one which has given huge hope to the business people and residents of Ballymahon and indeed the whole of Longford.
“I have seen first-hand the enormous enterprise Centre Parcs is and I am very excited for the process to be brought to completion”.
“More than most other counties, Longford has suffered deeply during the past few years and has been completely ignored by this government when it has come to investment”.
At present it is going before An Board Pleanála and is due for decision on July 25. However, the local TD believes the imminent go-head for this project would be in the best interest for all concerned.
“The Center Parcs proposal will see huge investment across the entire area. First of all there will have to be a massive change to infrastructure in terms of broadband accessibility and roads to cater for such a complex. Secondly, the boost to local business will be phenomenal, both at the building stage and when visitors start to arrive,” Deputy Troy said.
Subscribe or register today to discover more from DonegalLive.ie
Buy the e-paper of the Donegal Democrat, Donegal People's Press, Donegal Post and Inish Times here for instant access to Donegal's premier news titles.
Keep up with the latest news from Donegal with our daily newsletter featuring the most important stories of the day delivered to your inbox every evening at 5pm.