Three men charged with allegedly cultivating cannabis plants in Ballymahon last year were told they will have to wait until the end of the month before their case can be heard.
Lucasz Fratczak, 17 Moy Close, Ballymahon; Pawel Mazurek, 11 Moy Close, Ballymahon and Jacek Srocznski, 17 Moy Close, Ballymahon all appeared at last week’s District Court sitting.
All three are charged with cultivating cannabis plants at 17 Moy Close, Ballymahon on August 3 2015.
When the case was called before Judge Seamus Hughes last Tuesday however, Superintendent Fergus Treanor said he was still awaiting directions from the Director of Public Prosecutions over the matter.
Defence solicitor for Pawel Mazurek, Frank Gearty said the length the time it was taking was puzzling.
“She (DPP, Claire Loftus) has had it for quite a while and it was to be here for today but she still hasn’t managed it,” said Mr Gearty.
Judge Hughes acknowledged those remarks but said there were “obviously” reasons for the delay.
Superintendent Treanor agreed.
“It is a substantial file but I am sure it (case) will happen on the next occasion (court sitting).
As a consequence, Judge Hughes adjourned the case until the March 22 sitting of Longford District Court.
Subscribe or register today to discover more from DonegalLive.ie
Buy the e-paper of the Donegal Democrat, Donegal People's Press, Donegal Post and Inish Times here for instant access to Donegal's premier news titles.
Keep up with the latest news from Donegal with our daily newsletter featuring the most important stories of the day delivered to your inbox every evening at 5pm.