12 scoops of ice-cream 200ml whipped cream 6 wafers Sticky Toffee Pudding
175g Self Raising Flour 1 tsp Baking Powder 75g Butter soft 150g Light brown Sugar 2 medium Eggs beaten 175g Dates chopped 100g Chopped Walnuts 150ml Hot Water
125g Butter 175g dark brown Sugar 170ml Cream
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly grease 18cm square tin. Put chopped dates into a bowl and pour over the hot water.
2. Place flour, baking powder, butter, sugar and eggs into a large bowl and beat until smooth.
3. Add the dates, water and chopped walnuts and stir until well blended.
4. Transfer to prepared tin and bake in the oven for around 50 minutes until well risen. Remove from the oven and leave in the tin for 10mins. Turn onto a wire tray to cool.
5. To make sauce, put all the ingredients into a saucepan on a low heat and gently stir until butter is melted. Do not boil, just allow to simmer until it starts to thicken.
6. Cut the cake into 6 slices.
Assembly In a dessert dish or sundae glass place the warm sticky toffee pudding, then coat with a little toffee sauce. Place one tablespoon of the whipped cream on top and then 2 scoops of ice cream. Put a little more cream on top and coat with toffee sauce. Finish with a wafer and walnuts if desired.
‘Can’t say no’ Sundae is one of our most popular desserts on our Lunch Menu. If you order this dessert you can enter our free competition to win 2 Premium Level tickets to see Westlife in Croke Park. This is your last week to get your entries in as the draw takes place on Saturday June 2nd. If you’re not in you can’t win!
Subscribe or register today to discover more from DonegalLive.ie
Buy the e-paper of the Donegal Democrat, Donegal People's Press, Donegal Post and Inish Times here for instant access to Donegal's premier news titles.
Keep up with the latest news from Donegal with our daily newsletter featuring the most important stories of the day delivered to your inbox every evening at 5pm.