4 grilled salmon fillets (160g each)
Mixed seasonal leaves
75g toasted pine nuts
Sliced red onion
Honey mustard dressing
1 Litre good quality balsamic vinegar
6 pieces star anise
2 tbls brown sugar
1. Place all the ingredients into a clean pot and bring to the boil.
2. Turn the heat down and continue to simmer for up to one hour or until the liquid is reduced by almost half.
3. Allow to cool before using. (It is better not to place this syrup in the fridge as it pours better at room temperature).
Note: If the syrup becomes too thick, reheat slowly and add a little balsamic vinegar to thin slightly, and then cool down before serving.
Honey Mustard Dressing
Cracked pepper to season
1.Blend the mayonnaise and the honey together until well combined. Add the pepper to taste.
Basil Pesto Dressing
250g fresh basil leaf
25g toasted pine nuts
6 peeled garlic cloves- crushed
1 lemon, Juice only
50ml white wine vinegar
600ml Extra virgin olive oil
Salt & Pepper to season
1. Place the basil, garlic, pine nuts and oil in a blender and blend until smooth.
2. Add the lemon juice, vinegar, salt and pepper and mix together to combine well..
3. Place into a squeeze bottle and use as part of a salad dressing
1. In a large salad bowl place the dressed seasonal leaves with some tomato, onion and peppers.
2. Drizzle with balsamic syrup and sprinkle with toasted pine nuts.
3. Place the salmon in the centre of the salad.
4. Drizzle with a little more dressing on top and serve.