In this week’s Longford Leader we have details of how only three percent of people have paid their household charge to date - less than two weeks before the March 31 deadline. Also, the local District Court judge has hit out at the ongoing feuds in the town and county, which he says are affecting the reputation of Longford.
Among the many stories inside the newspaper, we also have:
- One Longford man has dyed his hair the colour of a tricolour for charity.
- The Mexican Ambassador’s visit to Longford
- Local solicitor appointed to the District Court
- Stonepark NS reaction to being ‘bumped off’ the new school list
- The contest for former the seats of former councillor Alan Mitchell
- Increase in waste collection charges
- New resource centre for Springlawn
- All the photos from parades in Longford, Ballymahon, Lanesboro, Granard and Arva, plus a special page from New York
- Longford councils reach deal to buy Connolly Barracks
- All the local news from your area
As well as that, we have all the sports action - Longford’s win over Antrim, Cnoc Mhuire win All Ireland final, Longford hurlers lose out to Leitrim and Longford Town stay top with third win.
All that, and more, in this week’s Longford Leader, which is available from your local shop on Wednesday morning, March 21.
You can also subscribe to the Longford Leader E-Paper and access the newspaper in full on your PC or Mac by going to the following web address: www.longfordleader.ie/epaper