Are you sick of creating New Year’s resolutions that you never keep?
This year, instead of thinking about what you can’t do, what about thinking about what you want to do in 2014?
For many people, January is a time to make a list of all the things we are going to give up. We create a long list of various actions or activities which generally involves a lot of self-denial and will power. It is not really surprising that we don’t stick to any of them!
Maybe it’s time to tear up those resolutions and do things differently! Do you want to bring joy and happiness into your life? Do you want 2014 to be the best year you have ever had?
This year why not make a list of things you want to do. An inspirational list of things you want to bring into your life. Why not make a list that is a celebration of life and commitment to fun and enjoyment. As human beings we are not keen on sacrificing or losing things – so let’s think about what we want to gain!
Here is some inspiration for that list:
1) Romance - Regular Date Night
2) Facing a Fear - Sing a song in public
3) Doing something different - Milk a cow
4) New Skill - Learn how to Knit!
5) Health - Sign up for the Flora Women’s Mini Marathon
6) Fun - Mix it up by going to Comedy Nights or Music Gigs
7) Excitement - Get the heart beating at the Races
8) Spontaneity - Passionately kiss someone in the rain
9) Giving - Charity Skydive (or cake sale for the less adventurous!)
10) Connect with Self - Play Children’s Game or create a Date Night with Yourself!
The Flora Women’s Mini-Marathon ticks loads of boxes for people for their New Year’s Resolutions. It is a great event if you are interested in raising money for charity, bringing health and fitness into your life or if want to have a great time with your friends. In 2014, women are being encouraged to register for the Flora Women’s Mini Marathon so they can participate in a fun event that helps them get fit and raise money for charity. The event takes place on June 2, 2014 and more information can be found on www.florawomensminimarathon.ie.
It is a must have on any New Year’s Resolution list!