The cause of a suspected explosion at a house inside an unfinished Longford town development may have been caused by an accumulation of methane gas.
Gardai were called to the Gleann Riada housing estate on the outskirts of Longford town last Thursday night last week (March 15) after a downstairs sitting room window was blown out.
A number of people were said to have been inside the house at the time of the blast, but escaped injury.
Gardai said this week the incident was no longer under investigation and was a matter for health and safety experts to deal with.
Longford County Council has since announced it is conducting an inquiry of its own, advising residents to be vigilant against any sewage type odours.