Councillors are expected to be presented with an up-to-date list of derelict site owners at today’s (Wednesday, January 8) meeting of Longford Town Council.
At last month’s meeting, Cllr Michael Connellan was told the delay on assembling the list and a report on the matter was because of staff shortages.
Cllr Connellan was following up on a request he made at the October meeting of the local authority and registered his disappointment that a report on the derelict sites was still not available.
The Fianna Fail representative asked the executive of the Town Council at the December meeting if the list of derelict buildings and their owners had been updated.
Town Clerk Dan Rooney said that as a result of staff shortages the data was not available.
Mr Rooney said that as a member of staff had been on secondment to Irish Water there was no one available to deal with the request.
He said the last list was not up-to -date and that there was a substantial body of work necessary in its preparation.
Mr Rooney said the staff member concerned was expected back before Christmas when work on updating the list would get underway.