Inside this week’s Longford Leader we have the latest news on Flancare, after the High Court appointed provisional a liquidator for the company. A decision is due soon on the future of the 90 jobs at the Longford plant.
There are also details on how NAMA has yet to agree a sale on land in Granard and a look back on Longford’s win in Croke Park on Saturday evening last.
Among the many stories inside the newspaper, we also have:
- Gerry Adams due in Longford to discuss the Fiscal Compact Treaty.
- Further delay for GAA centre of excellence.
- Bealtaine Festival starts in Longford this coming week.
- A Titanic penny given to Longford museum.
- Ardscoil Phadraig launch a new netbook scheme.
- Longford Town draw Cherry Orchard in the cup.
- Details about a new scheme that could lead to jobs.
- The winner of our photography competition
- Details on what exactly is in the appeal that’s holding up progress at St. Mel’s Cathedral
- A Longford filmmaker in London
As well as that, we have all the sports action plus your local news in this week’s Longford Leader, which is available from your local shop on Wednesday morning, May 2.
You can also subscribe to the Longford Leader E-Paper and access the newspaper in full on your PC or Mac by going to the following web address: www.longfordleader.ie/epaper