Inside this week’s Longford Leader we have the latest news on Flancare where the 90 jobs that had been under threat in Longford Town have been saved.
Among the many stories inside the newspaper, we also have:
- Gerry Adams accuses government of intimidating electorate on Fiscal Treaty.
- Residents in Longford town housing estate are “living in fear”
- Mineral exploration to commence in Co. Longford.
- Moves to encourage greater female involvement in politics.
- Defibrillator battery robbed in Kilashee.
- Cardinal apologises after Bishop O’Reilly intervention
- Burnett qualifies for Olympics for fourth time.
- Positive start for Community Pride in Longford
- Experts unsure if Athlone’s Chinese Hub will generate local employment
- Town councillors react angrily to Hogan’s abolition proposals.
- Longford Town struggle past Wexford Youths to remain top of the table.
- Longford Ladies capture Division 4 title.
- Longford Minors overcome Laois to set up tie with Dublin.
As well as that, we have all the sports action plus your local news in this week’s Longford Leader, which is available from your local shop on Wednesday morning, May 9.
You can also subscribe to the Longford Leader E-Paper and access the newspaper in full on your PC or Mac by going to the following web address: www.longfordleader.ie/epaper